Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Semana Santa: Madrid

Semanata Santa was absolutely amazing! It's the "Holy Week" in Spain. Semana Santa is always the week before Easter and there are a lot of religious parades and festivals during the entire week. This is also a time when all schools and most businesses are closed. This week was basically my Spring Break. I was SO happy that my Mom was able to come and visit me during this time. My Aunt Anna also came with her. I am so thankful that I have such an amazing Mom who was willing to fly 8 hours and across an ocean just to see me and go on vacation with me :). 

We began our Semana Santa in Madrid. I wanted to show my Mom where I live and just what it's like in Madrid. My Mom had never been to Spain before and knows absolutely no Spanish so it was really fun getting to show her around. My Mom was able to meet my SeƱora too which I was very excited about. Getting to show my Mom around Madrid as a tourist really made me realize how far I've come since I've been here and the progress I've made. Just with the language, navigating the culture, and just being able to function on my own in a foreign city. Also, being abroad no one ever really talks about being homesick and I definitely was, so getting to see my Mom was perfect. I cannot thank her and my Dad enough for such an amazing Semana Santa experience. Madrid was the first of 3 cities that we would visit during her time in Europe. We started in Madrid, then went to Barcelona, and ended the trip in Paris. I had such an amazing time and I can honestly say this was a trip I will never forget. 

xo







No comments:

Post a Comment